For today’s episode, What is a Transition Village? Nina embarked on her first outdoor recording session on location on an allotment in Lymm, where she met Liz..
Having moved to Lymm a couple of years ago and becoming increasingly concerned about environmental issues, Liz reached out to the local community and set up a meeting in a local Lymm pub to see what was happening in the area. This culminated in a decision to start Lymm Transition Village. So, what is a transition village?
Liz is a local Lymm resident and mother. Increasingly concerned about environmental issues, she decided to set up Lymm Sustainable Village.
Want to discuss this episode? Let’s connect!
Last year Nina realised that she wasn't really paying much attention to the subject of sustainability and the growing noise around the subject, so she went on a course. Having completed Cambridge University's Sustainability Management Course earlier this year, she decided to dedicate a whole podcast season to the subject of sustainability.
Nina got in contact and set up Zoom conversations with a varied bunch of great people here in the UK but also in Canada and Los Angeles.
Recorded on Zoom, due to social distancing, all episodes will be available as videos on Nina's Youtube channel.
We hope you enjoy listening to/watching them as much as we enjoyed making them!
- 2:1 - What can you expect from season 2?
- 2:2 - Does Sustainability Start at Home?
- 2:3 - L. A A Green and Pleasant Land?
- 2:4 - A Thought for Food
- 2:5 - Can We Be Sustainable With or Without Data?
- 2:6 - Achieving a Sustainable Digital Thrad
- 2:7 - From Fast Fashion to Something Else
- 2:8 - What does an Activist look like?
- 2:9 - What is a Transition Village?
- 2:10 - Sustainable You - A Thinking Sabbatical